Subsurface Utility Engineering (S.U.E.) is a effective tool that can reduce the number of subsurface utility accidents, damages, claims, and construction delays. This process stands to locate, depict, and distribute vital information before starting construction in order to avoid unwelcome and costly surprises later on. The use of S.U.E. in the planning and design phases of a utilities infrastructure project allows engineers to narrow down the geographic regions where good quality information is required and proposes methods whereby the location of utility conflicts can be physically and non-destructively determined. Our S.U.E. services Include:
- Subsurface Utility Designating: This service determines the existence and approximate horizontal position of underground utilities.
- Subsurface Utility Physical Locating: This service offers minimally invasive methods of excavating including hydro vac equipment which allows for the precise determination of the horizontal and vertical position of the underground utility to be documented and provides the highest quality data.
- Subsurface Utility Surveying: This service utilizes survey instruments such as levels, theodolites, rods, and GPS. GPS surveying techniques also allow for the simple transfer of data to CADD and GIS systems.
- Data Management: The data management service ranges from updating information on existing utility drawings or construction plans to the creation of completely new utility plans.
- Professional Services: In this final service, our professional staff within Greely and its partners can offer consultation, conflict determinations, and utilities coordination when and where necessary.
When you choose Greely for your S.U.E project, you are choosing a company that assures your project is done right, on time, and on budget. For topnotch work, choose Ontario’s leading Utilities Infrastructure Construction Company. Contact our team today to learn more about how we can help you.